blog link

blog link
bloglink

Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Bright Side of Life

For some reason Tracey and I started singing the chorus of Monty Pythons 'Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life' yesterday. Of course, with my whistle-impediment, I resembled a sprinkler when we got to the catchy riff. But it was fun and the kids were beaming at us.

"Want to see the whole song?" I asked them. A few minutes later we had Youtube up on a screen and the Eric Idle was singing those wonderful and clever lyrics.

When I grew up my parents introduced me to Bill Cosby, Ray Stevens and Wes Harrison. I'll be gifting my kids Monty Python.

After watching the vid through once we went on with our day...until I walked into the kitchen to find Tracey beaming and giggling.

"What's up?" I asked her.

"Stick your head out the door and have a listen to your son," Tracey advised me.

Soon I was grinning too.

Master7 was playing on the balcony and singing. Not a whole song, but just one line over and over.

"Life's a piece o' shit when you look at it," he'd sing, and then chuckle away to himself before singing it again. Of all the lines in the song to pick up I might have known it would be that one (personally I've always been fond of  'If life seems jolly rotten there's something you've forgotten'). I don't know how long this had gone on before I started listening, but it was a good couple of minutes I heard.

"Are you saying a swear word?" I asked him.

"No," he said grinning. "It's in the song so I'm singing it." He's like his mum, he can always win me over with logic.

"So you like Monty Python?"

"Yeah," he grinned. "They're really funny."

I can't wait till he's a bit older and we can watch the whole movie together - I suspect he's going to find the bit about Biggus Dickus to be HILARIOUS.








Our 'BIG FAMILY little income' Facebook Page
Our 'BIG FAMILY little income' Blog

'raising a family on little more than laughs'


(don't forget to thank our sponsors by clicking their links)





No comments:


Popular Posts