blog link

blog link
bloglink

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Water Wise

Climbing out of the car after a long day's drive, I had the keys in one hand and a water bottle in the other. 

Having clambered out of the car themselves, Master7 and Miss8 were standing behind me. They were arguing about something but I really wasn't in the head space for playing the parental role of referee. 

With a flick of the wrist I sent a few drops of water soaring up and then down onto their heads.

When the kids turned around I held my hand palm up and looked at the sky.

When they too held out their hands and looked up I did it again, only with more water.

"Is that rain?" I asked, again looking up.

"Dad!" they squealed delightedly, their nonsense forgotten.

Suddenly they both had the lids off their water bottles and were trying to drench me. Of course, my superior smarts and height won out and they both copped a mini-soaking while I barely had a drop on me.

I turned back to the car, chuckling to myself -

- and half a litre of water slammed into my face, chest and crotch from inside the car in a torrential horizontal rainstorm.

"Yep, I think that is rain," said Tracey, handing me a now empty water bottle. "Put that in the bin for me, would you darling."




Our BIG FAMILY little income Facebook Page
Our BIG FAMILY little income Blog
'raising a family on little more than laughs'



No comments:


Popular Posts