As you'll see, things didn't exactly work out as I intended, although it wasn't without it's fun.
Today I assisted Miss4. After keen observation of my daughter's cake baking technique I've given the instructions as per how she bakes.
|She's all "I made this" and thinking she's ever so clever.|
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt
1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon butter
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Help dad grab out all the ingredients. Drop milk. Clean up. Put finger in butter. Lick.
2. Beat butter and sugar to a cream. Taste. Add vanilla. Taste. Beat some more. Taste again.
3. Add the egg and beat well, pausing to taste every two seconds or so.
|....in goes the finger. Again.|
|Mixing away well until.....|
5. Pour what is left of the mixture into a greased tin and commandeer bowl, beaters and spatula for intense licking.
8. Tell all and sundry you're very clever and have made a cake. Don't forget to have a taste of the cake.
|An hour later, this is all that's left of the cake so I guess I'll be|
baking another one tonight when the munchkins are asleep.