blog link

blog link
bloglink

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Turning Tables


Change isn't to be feared, it's to be toyed with. According to my kids.

Most mornings, for example, they change perfectly neat and presentable bedrooms into rooms which look like candidates for the Hoarders tv show, with every toy and bit of clothing from their wardrobes spread out or piled up on their floors.

I may be exaggerating slightly, but I really, really wish I was exaggerating a whole lot more.

Today their mess wasn't on their floor though. Isn't it funny how people can see different things in the same object? The old 'one man's trash is another man's treasure' scenario. With the rearranging of Miss17's room, a desk and chair made their way onto the balcony last night with plans to re-install them into another room today. Or the garage, depending on who wins the argument - my wife or myself. I don't like my chances.

I see the desk as an eyesore at the moment, sitting on balcony waiting for a home, but the kids suddenly saw it as a new plaything and within half an hour of waking up it was surrounded by kids and covered in toys, with a spirited game of Pokemon and a multi-layered story playing out: Multi-layered insofar as in each kid seemed to have their own plot and dialogue going on.

It was fun to sit slightly away from the action and catch snippets of the conversation.

"Scooby-Do, I choose you!" and phone calls on the toy phone back to Professor X demanding more pokeballs and icecream.

And all because we haven't decided if I give in to my wife gracefully in the positioning of the table or if my opinion is to go out kicking and screaming.

I think I'll just move it back into the house and free up the rest of my day off. After the kids have finished playing, of course.

That'll give me time to barricade their bedroom doors first so they can't get back into their bedrooms. 



No comments:


Popular Posts