blog link

blog link
bloglink

Thursday, March 1, 2012

COUNTRY UPDATE magazine

The lovely Denise Torenbeck produces this quality mag locally each quarter and I'm shamelessly plugging it on our blog because, to be frank, she deserves it.

Issue 64 has a stellar line up with write ups and interviews with Troy Cassar-Daley, John Williamson, Lionel Richie, Tim & Faith, Dan Murphy and a whole heap of others - including, I might add, Tracy Lawrence.

Tracy Lawrence is especially poignant for me because, barring one 'e', he shares my wife's full maiden name. ie Tracey Lawrence vs Tracy Lawrence.

As you can imagine, this created no end of confusion for my wife in her late teens, as it no doubt did for the big Texan.

Fortunately for everyone involved, after a touching ceremony eleven years ago, my wife became Tracey Devereaux. This freed the singer up to get about his business singing and I'm sure not being mistaken for a girl from Gympie was a weight off his shoulders.

Unfortunately, a Google search subsequently revealed my wife's new name was also that of an American stripper. On hearing this, Tracey was a mite horrified - she actually liked Tracy Lawrence's music and owned two CD's. It was unlikely she was going to feel the same connection with the 'dancer'. But I told her either way it's entertainment.

My tastes only dabble in country music (a bit of Glen Campbell, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, Shania Twain) yet I still enjoy reading Country Update. If country floats your boat I can't see why you wouldn't want to take a look inside this magazine, so duck on over to Denise's website and see what it's all about - Country Update magazine

Available in good newsagencies across the country for a mere $7.95, or you can subscribe and save your horses.

No comments:


Popular Posts